Welcome to Lifescape Community Services. We are the largest agency in northwestern Illinois serving older adults, families and caregivers in Winnebago, Boone, Whireside, Carroll, Lee and Ogle counties. Whether a person needs a nutritious meal, help completing complicated paperwork, assistance in paying bills, a safe place to go during the day or wants to put their talents and skills to use by volunteering at a local nonprofit agency, Lifescape Community Services is the resource that can help meet that need.
Lifescape Community Services is northwestern Illinois' top resource for keeping older adults nutritionally healthy, independent, connected and informed.
Lifescape In 2015:
- Between Meals on Wheels and our senior dining sites, we provided 296,887 nutritious meals to seniors who cannot afford adequate nutrition.
- At Brightside Adult Day Service, we are getting a new lease on life! We have leased a new facility to house our older adults in a safe, secure and fresh environment, with our same focus on allowing caregivers to work or enjoy a much needed respite. Watch for updates on our Grand Opening in 2016!
- Our health and wellness classes engaged nearly 1000 seniors enhancing quality of life in locations close to their homes.
- We empowered Rockford area families headed by older adults through our Grandparents Raising Grandchildren program by providing furniture, school supplies, clothing, and additional resources.
- Through our Information and Assistance department, we supported over 4,000 older adults with everything from Medicare signups to affordable heating and cooling for their homes, Benefit Access Program applications and more.
In Winnebago, Boone, Ogle and Lee Counties
Lifescape IS Meals on Wheels.
On a daily basis, we contribute to the nutritional need of older adults in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle and Lee counties. However, the number of seniors experiencing hunger and receiving inadequate nutrition is growing.
The National Foundation to End Senior Hunger released a report on the growth of senior hunger in the United States that revealed some troubling new numbers. Learn more about how you can stem the tide of senior hunger here!
Or visit one of our dining sites - Check out a location near you!
Lifescape Serves Northwestern Illinois
from our Office in Sterling
In 2016 the Illinois Department on Aging selected Lifescape Community Services to serve as the designated Care Coordination Unit and Adult Protective Services Agency for Whiteside, Lee, Carroll, and Ogle Counties.
Comprehensive Care Coordination
Lifescape Community Services promotes independent living for older adults by helping them obtain the most appropriate care for their specific needs. At the center of Comprehensive Care Coordination is a careful assessment of each participant’s needs and eligibility for various programs. From this assessment Lifescape Community Services develops a plan of care and arranges for services that may include:
- Referrals & advocacy
- Comprehensive case management
- Assistance in obtaining an in-home caregiver
- Assistance with in-home emergency response systems
- Funding and assistance to enable participants residing in long-term facilities to return to the community with support services
- Choices for Care screening
Adult Protective Services
Lifescape Community Services assists adults who are victims of abuse, neglect, and exploitation (adults 60 years of age and older, or adults 18-59 years of age living with a disability). Abuse includes any negligent act by a caregiver or any other person who causes harm or serious risk of harm to a vulnerable adult. Types of reportable abuse include: physical, emotional, sexual, passive neglect, deprivation, confinement, and financial exploitation.
Reports of suspected abuse can be made to:
- Lifescape Community Services at 1-815-490-1125 during business hours.
- Illinois Department on Aging Adult Protective Services hotline at 1-866-800-1409. The hotline is available 24-hours a day.
All reports are kept confidential, and anonymous reports are accepted. The identity of the reporter is not disclosed without written permission from the reporter or by order of the court.
For more information, please call
Lifescape Community Services in Sterling at
Lifescape Community Services
Find it Here
STAY CONNECTED WITH LIFESCAPE!
Like us on FACEBOOK!
Need A Ride? Lifescape can help!
Seniors eat FREE with a donation!
United Way of the Rock River Valley Can Help
Save money on prescriptions with Familywize Prescription Card
Can't find what you need? Try United Way 211
Lifescape's Title VI public posting is here.
LIFESCAPE COMMUNITY SERVICES
705 KILBURN AVE
ROCKFORD, IL 61101-6550
LIFESCAPE COMMUNITY SERVICES
1901 FIRST AVENUE
STERLING, IL 61081
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
CEO Carol Green and COO Mike Hughes accept donation check from Dr. Michael Werckle and Reagan Country Classics Car Club.